About Me

My photo
I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Children, Families, Weddings, Seniors and Maternity.

Welcome to my Blog!

I am a photographer specializing in photo journalistic natural light photography. I truly fall in love with my subjects, whether it be the soft breathing of a newborn, the mischievous smile of a toddler, or the way a new bride and groom hold each other like it's the most natural thing in the world. I find myself seeing the beauty in every person I photograph, I believe it's my job to find what truly makes them sparkle and capture that. I am passionate about photography and I hope to share my passion with you.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

burning the midnight oil

I don't ever really use that phrase, I'm not sure why I just did... it's pretty late and I've been staring at the computer screen all day so you will have to forgive me in advance if this blog post makes no sense. :) I'm definitely working my hiney off to get all the beach galleries ready over the next couple of days. I'm sort of jumping around from gallery to gallery editing them because I feel like if I just work one straight through I may crush my creativity a little or something..... ok I have no idea what that means... basically there is no method to my madness, but either way it will get done. :)

Ok so now on to these brothers. I really adore these guys, I've photographed them 4 different times now. They are each so different and I love that about them. Tyler, the oldest is quiet and serious, I think he's one of those kids that has a lot going on in his head, he's definitely smart and it's so sweet to see how patient he is with his younger brothers. I know most of the time at the session's I'm barking orders at poor Tyler like "ok hold Reid up a little higher, now move your chin, now lean towards Gaven" and he always takes it in stride.

Gaven, the middle guy is a total clown, he loves to laugh and cut up, and he always tries his best to give me a good smile, but my favorite smiles of his are the ones that he's not trying to give, the ones that just happen. He really looks up to his big brother, you can tell... and he loves his little brother. Oh and he's pretty ticklish. :)

Reid is the youngest and he's just the perfect kind of stubborn, the kind that's endearing and cute. He's not interested in being talked into doing something he doesn't want to do (actually he's a lot like me :), but when he's truly enjoying himself his smile is about the best thing you've ever seen. He makes the cutest expressions sometimes that just make me chuckle behind my camera, you can't help but want to just scoop him up. :)

Oh and of course these three boys have pretty fantastic parents, the kind of people you meet and instantly feel like you've known them forever. So I think they deserve at least a little credit for raising 3 pretty awesome guys.

No comments: