About Me

My photo
I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Children, Families, Weddings, Seniors and Maternity.

Welcome to my Blog!

I am a photographer specializing in photo journalistic natural light photography. I truly fall in love with my subjects, whether it be the soft breathing of a newborn, the mischievous smile of a toddler, or the way a new bride and groom hold each other like it's the most natural thing in the world. I find myself seeing the beauty in every person I photograph, I believe it's my job to find what truly makes them sparkle and capture that. I am passionate about photography and I hope to share my passion with you.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I may be a little biased...

I adore kiddo's, I've always loved kids. When I was around 12 I started teaching 3 year olds in Vacation Bible School and helping with Children's Church. I was always babysitting or hanging out with my little cousins or carrying a kiddo around on my hip. Eventually I began working at a daycare and then became a director of a daycare in college and also worked as a nanny. When I got a degree in Marketing I think a lot of people were surprised that I didn't want to choose a career that was working with children, but I thought maybe I'd spend enough time working with little ones and I needed a break.

Well it didn't take long for me to find photography and of course then it didn't take long for me to decide that one of the first things I wanted to photograph was kiddo's! Every child I've photographed has something that makes them special, it's my favorite thing about photographing people instead of landscapes and other things that I could be photographing, I really love finding what makes someone unique. Well it wasn't too hard to tell right away at least one of the things that make handsome Luke special, look at his hair! I love it! I am a redhead, and that makes me partial to redheads, I think it's like we're part of some secret club that you have to be a redhead to gain entry to, or even understand. I can't even tell you the club password, so don't ask... ok I can tell Luke but that's it. :)

Not only is he an absolute cutie pie but he is full of personality, so fun to photograph, and mom and dad were so sweet and relaxed, they were a joy to work with. And the best part is I get to work with them again next week! I'm shooting the handsome guy in a salvage yard so I get to hang out with the gang and I'm sure get some more pretty cool pictures, I have a feeling when he sees all the old cars he's going to flip.

1 comment:

Hannah Hickman said...

He is an adorable redhead! I love the contrast with the green grass. I want her dress in a bad way. It is really beautiful.

I loved reading the history of your love for children.