About Me

My photo
I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Children, Families, Weddings, Seniors and Maternity.

Welcome to my Blog!

I am a photographer specializing in photo journalistic natural light photography. I truly fall in love with my subjects, whether it be the soft breathing of a newborn, the mischievous smile of a toddler, or the way a new bride and groom hold each other like it's the most natural thing in the world. I find myself seeing the beauty in every person I photograph, I believe it's my job to find what truly makes them sparkle and capture that. I am passionate about photography and I hope to share my passion with you.

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Hardway

I had to stop editing photo's today for a bit and work on doing some cleaning, so I cranked up the bose and decided to put in some music from my younger days, so I've been rockin out to DC Talk, the Free at Last album. I was obsessed with this CD back in junior high, I listened to it like a million times. Some of the songs definitely sound a little dated now, but I still LOVE them, but The Hardway in particular I think is a little more timeless. Now the video is pretty much raging 90's but I still love the song, I think it's been the theme song through parts of my life so I find some comfort in it.



And this song is from their Jesus Freak album (which I also have, and I also know every word to) and it just makes me feel good. :) This is a live version.


And one more that really speaks to me.
This verse in particular:

Father please forgive me for I can not compose
The fear that lives within me
Or the rate at which it grows
If struggle has a purpose on the narrow road you've carved
Why do I dread my trespasses will leave a deadly scar
Do they see the fear in my eyes? Are they so revealing?
This time I cannot disguise all the doubt I'm feeling



Ok, I'll spare you from more DC Talk obsession :) Oh and I had the BIGGEST crush on Toby Mac back in the day :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love love love all those songs! They bring back SO many memories! "In the Light" is still one of my all time favorites!