About Me

My photo
I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Children, Families, Weddings, Seniors and Maternity.

Welcome to my Blog!

I am a photographer specializing in photo journalistic natural light photography. I truly fall in love with my subjects, whether it be the soft breathing of a newborn, the mischievous smile of a toddler, or the way a new bride and groom hold each other like it's the most natural thing in the world. I find myself seeing the beauty in every person I photograph, I believe it's my job to find what truly makes them sparkle and capture that. I am passionate about photography and I hope to share my passion with you.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter! I went to church today, had a great lunch at Pappadeaux (yum) and then headed straight back to the computer to edit away! Editing is a HUGE part of what I do. I know that I've talked to some of you about what goes on but I don't really want to bore everyone with the "not so flashy" part of my job. But I do spend a LOT of time editing a session and getting it ready for the web. One thing I've tried to do lately is make myself step away for a few hours, or sometimes a day or two, and then go back and work on a session some more. After a while I get this sort of "tunnel vision" and I think it can really inhibit my creativity while editing, because it is definitely a creative process to see all the possibilities of what you could to a photo and decide which direction to go. I'm going to share a before and after below.

I actually did pretty light editing on these photo's because I had pretty good control of the lighting situations, and the model. Once you throw in sketchy light and a little one that just wants to run away from me... well that's when I sometimes have to work a miracle or two in photoshop. :) I will dig through my archives sometime this week and try to pull a few more "dramatic" edits to share.

BTW, how handsome is this little guy?? He was hamming it up for me, and I love his model poses with his arms crossed and his hands in his pockets. I actually said "ok, give me your model look" and he worked it out! He's definitely going to make the ladies swoon when he grows up. :)

No comments: