About Me

My photo
I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Children, Families, Weddings, Seniors and Maternity.

Welcome to my Blog!

I am a photographer specializing in photo journalistic natural light photography. I truly fall in love with my subjects, whether it be the soft breathing of a newborn, the mischievous smile of a toddler, or the way a new bride and groom hold each other like it's the most natural thing in the world. I find myself seeing the beauty in every person I photograph, I believe it's my job to find what truly makes them sparkle and capture that. I am passionate about photography and I hope to share my passion with you.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Josh and Jaclyn are married!

I've known these two since high school and I was just so excited to be a part of their big day. I always have moments when I am photographing a wedding where I feel really lucky, moments like waiting with the bride and bridesmaids before they walk out, I get to see her anxious and excited and I think to myself "all those people are out there waiting for her and how lucky that I get to be back here cheering her on beforehand."

I also had a moment like that before this wedding during the first glance, I am a HUGE fan of the first glance, not only do you get to take some amazing photographs that you probably wouldn't get otherwise, and not only does it help with the timeline of photographing the wedding, but most importantly I feel like it makes the moment of seeing each other for the first time even more intimate and special for the bride and groom.

So that's one of those moments, I'm standing there with the groom and the bride is waiting for me to give her the go sign to come through the door way and then "bam" she comes around the corner and he see's her for the first time and his face lights up and he gets to hug her and hold her and just ooo and ahhh over how beautiful she is, things that he definitely wouldn't be able to do at the alter without some pretty weird looks from the guests. It's in those moments that I feel there love is it's most palpable, when it's just the two of them and it's not for anyone else, the moment is just about them and they are just so happy in it. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Here he is seeing her for the first time, he's lit up like a Christmas tree. :)

They are just such a beautiful couple.

This wedding was full of really fun people that knew how to have a good time.



1 comment:

allison f. said...

You could not have rocked this more. Not just are they beautiful cuz they are, they are technically *perfect*. Great stuff. Looks like it was fun too!