About Me

My photo
I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Children, Families, Weddings, Seniors and Maternity.

Welcome to my Blog!

I am a photographer specializing in photo journalistic natural light photography. I truly fall in love with my subjects, whether it be the soft breathing of a newborn, the mischievous smile of a toddler, or the way a new bride and groom hold each other like it's the most natural thing in the world. I find myself seeing the beauty in every person I photograph, I believe it's my job to find what truly makes them sparkle and capture that. I am passionate about photography and I hope to share my passion with you.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

muse

I've never really thought about the notion of having a "muse" but I suppose in a way every person I photograph becomes my muse, I am inspired by their smile, the way they lower their chin when they are feeling shy, the way they throw their head back when they laugh, the shape of their face, I just see all of these small things in people that make them special and those little things inspire me.

Now, if I was forced to choose a muse, just one, well Ben here would be at the top of that list for sure. The camera truly loves him, well that's an understatement actually, the camera is like crazy head over heels for him or something. Ben is an artist...in many ways... he sings (his first love, and he has an incredible voice), he writes inspiring songs, he plays the guitar, he paints (beautiful beautiful pieces) oh and he can dance better than anyone I've probably ever met. Honestly, if he wasn't so nice I would probably hate him just a little. :)

But that's the best thing about him, he's truly a kind person, shooting him felt less like work and more like hanging out with an old friend. We did some sight seeing, ate some coney dogs, and even sat in the car discussing if we should pull a little B&E at an abandoned building so we could explore it. (B&E is Breaking and Entering for those of you who don't watch cops:) But don't worry, we decided against breaking the law....this time. :)



No comments: